Self-Drive Van Hire 'Versus' Man & Van
- Self-drive firms will typically need a deposit of between £100 to £150. One error of judgement, and you could lose this deposit!
- A self-drive firm does not supply the specialist equipment that comes as standards with Halifax Man and Van.
- We use ratchet straps for securing items
- Blankets for preventing scratches
- Trolleys for moving heavy items
- Ramps for loading and unloading motorbikes, quads etc.
- We can also supply tools if needed for taking legs off sofas etc.
- With Halifax Man and Van, the driver will also assist you in moving items in and out of properties. We are experienced in moving heavy furniture, so sit back and let us do the hard work for you!
- In the unlikely event of any breakages, we will be insured to pay for it. A van hire company will not provide you with goods in transit insurance.
- We can organise the logistics for collections and deliveries in any part of the UK. We will arrange a time for collection and delivery to suit both buyer and seller if you have purchased items online.
- A self-drive firm will not reimburse you for fuel that you haven’t used.
What Our Costumers Are Saying
Steve was very helpful with the moving of a large fridge/freezer and bulky leather sofa. He turned up at the arranged time and was very friendly and experienced in moving our large bulky stuff. Would recommend.
Very helpful and professional.
Ashley P Wood
Steve was fantastic at helping us move house, all done in 8 hours, and at an excellent price. Steve was extremely helpful when we ended up requiring an additional van, for some little bits that we couldnt quite fit in. I would always use his services again without question. Thanks again!!
Fantastic friendly service and very reasonably priced. Nothing is too much trouble for Steven and I would highly recommend him and the service he provides.
Steve responded well to my phone call prior to the moving of furniture from Ripon to Halifax. He arrived promptly and knew exactly what he was doing. He moved the items carefully and avoided damaging the paint work in the house. He was very polite and professional. We would highly recommend him to all our friends and family. Thank you Steve. Julie and Stan
Great service hassle free and good rates.
Great service. helped move some furniture for me, very professional. would happily recommend
Steve helped us move house and made the process very easy. Steve, Mick and Archie were really friendly, nothing was too much bother and they looked after our stuff well. Reasonable price too - thank you!
Only gave a short notice but they did a great job with our move from Halifax to Bradford. Would definitely recommend and will use their service again.
Needed some RSJ's transporting and glad I chose Steve - a good man - on time, helpful and reasonably priced. Thank you Steve, I'll definitely be using you again.